Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cold and Wet but not Miserable.

Last night we were faced with a tough decision, whether to set off for Royden Island just after midnight or stay on Deal Island for possibly five nights. If we chose to go, it would have meant paddling 60kms in 30 knot winds and a 4 metre following sea, only to end up on Royden unable to top up on water while waiting for the low to pass. This morning our campsite was hit by that very same front and to say that we were happy to have stayed would be an understatement. Meanwhile we will be keeping a close watch on the weather forecast.
(Editors note: I'm sure a little medicinal Caramel Baileys will be administered about now! )

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good choice as the wind was gusting up to 59knots at Hogan during today. :-0 Good time to be on dry land.