Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's time to go....Silvio

Our "man" at the BOM told Craig that we'll be looking at Westerly winds later in the week, I see on the website that this change is already happening but as I mentioned previously, we'll worry about the weather when we get there. I remember talking to Rob Mercer about a year ago when we were still in the planning stages, he spent more time telling me about the failed attempts that he knew of, rather than the successful crossings of Bass Strait. He felt that our success would depend greatly on our ability to pick the weather but I'm starting to think that there may also be a little bit of luck involved as well.

Well, I'm about to have a bit of breakky before leaving my comfortable home and fantastic wife and daughter for a couple weeks, that's probably going to be the hardest thing for me. I'll be picking the guys on my way down the coast in my "value added" car, how naive of me to think that it was probably a broken clutch cable. I was up for a total clutch and clutch plate, add to that a couple of new tyres and front end alignment and that just about blew my credit card. Fortunately for me I have another credit card, the one I used to buy a new hand held VHF after finding that my old one was no longer waterproof. Anyway, I hope that's all the bad luck out of the way!

1 comment:

  1. We're going to miss you more than I can say; but we hope you have an awesome time.
    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete